Friday, January 13, 2006

small update

Hello everyone,
This will just be a quick update. Sorry we haven´t had one in a while. Our access to computers and, or the internet is quite limited. We hope to post some pictures and a longer update next time and a little article about Narnia. Anyways, we are doing well. Please keep praying about the house issue. We thought we had found a place and now it looks like it may not work out. Also, we are at back at school...it is so strange because I thought when I finished my master´s degree at seminary that would be it. However, I was so wrong and God had other plans. I am taking a couple of Spanish classes and Christine is taking a class on the oral literature of Ecuador. We will have to post some pictures of the university, it is in a beautiful area. Take care and God bless.
Benjamín (my name in español)

ps-here is a quote from a Rich Mullins song and a verse that I have found really relevant here recently.

R. Mullins ¨Hard to get"-
"we can´t see what´s ahead and we cannot get free from what we´ve left behind...I can´t see how you´re leading me unless you´ve led me here to where I´m lost enough to let myself be led."

1 Peter 2:9-"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praise of him called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."
Isn´t that amazing?!? We are priests...that is one thing that sets biblical Christianity apart-we have direct access to God. In many or most other world religions you have to go through a priest or intermediary to appease God. He has also brought us from darkness to light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home