Sunday, April 02, 2006

Trip to Oriente


The following are pictures from a trip that we took a couple of weeks ago. We went to the Oriente, which is the Eastern part of Ecuador. We went with some friends of ours to their pig farm. As you can see, Shrek has made it big here. For whatever reason, they painted him on the side of this workshop.

Here are some waterfalls that we saw on the way.











Here is a guy that we saw on the way that was wearing a Texas Rangers baseball hat. Go Rangers!!! I know tomorrow is Opening Day...wish I could be at the Ballpark, but that is the way things go. I do like baseball, but I like soccer better overall, and we have plenty of that here.

Here is a picture of a beautiful village girl that I met down by the river. Isn't she lovely?






This sight brought to mind a Garth Brooks song...a bit of an inspirational song that I will share some lyrics from...You know a dream is like a river, Ever changin' as it flows, And a dreamer's just a vessel, That must follow where it goes, Trying to learn from what's behind you, And never knowing what's in store Makes each day a constant battle, Just to stay between the shores.. and I will sail my vessel 'Til the river runs dry, Like a bird upon the wind, These waters are my sky I'll never reach my destination If I never try So I will sail my vessel 'Til the river runs dry And there's bound to be rough waters And I know I'll take some falls But with the good Lord as my captain I can make it through them all..



On the way back home, we saw this truck. The yellow writing on the back says, "If you like dust, follow me." Under that, on the bumper is painted, "Virgin (Mary) of Holy Water."

1 Comments:

Blogger Frank & Jan Lamca said...

Hi folks,
Jan and I really enjoyed your blogg. You win the prize for the most pictures that I have ever seen posted on a blogg. Congratulations! We really did enjoy it, all kidding aside. You both look great and seem to have made the altitude and attitude adjustments. I praise God that he has sent such nice people to Ecuador.
I am sure that you enjoy your trip to the Amazon with Chip and the boys. Thomas is a trifle energetic and adventurous;wish that I were going along. It will be a great time. Stay away from those nasty parasites. Y'all are thin enough!

Look for our blogg effective May 1st. We will send you the address.

In Christ, Frank & Jan Lamca

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home