Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ilalo #3

Psalm 76:4-You are resplendent with light, more majestic than mountains rich with game.

Here is a view of the surrounding valley and mountains.


Isaiah 40:8-
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

Here is a picture of a guy that we saw plowing. We were able to try our hand at plowing as well. I didn't have so much luck, as the plow came out of the ground and the cows ran a bit. At least it worked for a little ways. We were able to talk to the guy and that was pretty nice. I think he lives up there part of the time and works.

Here is a picture of some kids climbing the cross that I guess is about 90-100 feet tall. We climbed up a part of it, not even halfway and was able to take a picture of this interesting graffiti. It says, "Diego, my love, I love you, don't leave me!" The design of the U in the triangle is the symbol for Liga Deportiva Universitaria, which happens to be my favorite Ecuadorian soccer team. To cap off the perfect day, I was able to ride this horse a couple of times. This was back in Las Palmeras, which is where Francisco lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home