Friday, February 23, 2007

The love and goodness of God

I know it's been a while but it seems the blog doesn't want to post pictures these days. I don't know when it will start working again but I do have a lot of pictures to share yet. For now, I will share a couple of verses and thoughts.
Psalm 119:64, 68-'The earth is filled with your love, O Lord; teach me your decrees. You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.'
These are just a couple of words about the love and the goodness of God. These realities should affect our reality and change our lives. Indeed, the earth is filled with the love of God. We can see that in all the blessings we've received. We can see it in the beautiful creation God has made. We can see it in the hope that is available to us. We can see it in the fact that God sent His Son to reach us and rescue us. Our duty now is to accept this love and then share it with others.
The other reality is about the goodness of God...not only is He good himself, in His character-in His very being or essence. What he does is good. What He has done and what He will do all are good. Both of these realities about the love and goodness of God should give us a desire to learn his decrees or His word. This is why we have the Bible, to see the story of God's love for us. As I close, I challenge you to meditate on the love and goodness of God. Again, accept it anew and share it with others.
Thanks again, we covet and need your prayers...keep praying!
Happy birthday Dad & Happy anniversary Dad and Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home