Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Sorry it's been a while again since posting anything. We've been doing well, just busy and a bit off schedule. I think we are getting back in the swing of things now. Now, I'd like to post some more pictures from when the family was here. Within the next few days, I will try to post pictures from recent trips. Christine and I went a couple of days after Christmas to Tena to celebrate our 3rd anniversary and my 29th birthday. We also went to Ibarra for New Years with some friends.
The first picture here is from Saquisili market. This area is heavily indigenous and the photo here is of some indigenous people at the market.
This one is of the family and Cotopaxi on the way back from Riobamba/Alausi after our attempt at the train ride (is a long story and didn't work out-maybe next time).
This one is of Mt. Ilinizas, an extinct volcano. As with many of the pictures I take here, this simply doesn't do
the scene any justice at all.
The next two pictures are from the Teleferico or cable car that goes up outside of Quito on the side of Mt. Pichincha, giving a great view of Quito. The first picture shows what will happen if you get in the way of the cable car whilst boarding. The second picture is from up top with a great view of Quito in the background.
As I close I just want to wish everyone a happy new year. I will pray for blessings in the coming year for all of you, especially that you may know the presence and reality of God. Happy new year! Speaking of closing the year out, that reminds me that we will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary in Ecuador. We arrived last 12:00 am on Jan. 3rd. Thanks for praying for us in the time we've been here. We ask that you continue to remember us and pray for us. Thanks again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm sure enjoying seeing the pictures on the blog when we were there. A trip of a lifetime. You both sure showed us a great time. I still say ice cream in Ecuador is better than Blue Bell.

Love,
Mom

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home