Saturday, December 09, 2006

more Tena pictures and the family is on the way!

Here's a few pictures from Tena (near jungle) that I haven't put on yet. Before I put these on, I want to say that my family is coming to Ecuador to visit (parents, sister, brother-in-law). Needless to say, we are pretty excited and have been getting ready for them the last few days. We are about to pick them up at the airport in a couple of hours. Please be praying for our time together, that it will be sweet and won't fly by.
This first one is of a armadillo hole. I didn't get to see one but being from Texas, thought I should put this on.
This is of a waterfall that I saw there. There were many waterfalls there and I went swimming in a couple of the pools. The water was very cold and refreshing.
Here's a picture of one of the fish we caught. We were using nets. We really didn't have a whole lot of luck but it was good to get out.

This is from a cacao tree (where chocolate comes from). The next one is a cinnamon tree (behind the banana tree) and you guessed it, cinnamon comes from this one. My friend gave me a small limb and I've been chewing on the bark a bit and it is pretty good, a bit like big red gum, but not so chewy.
This is Ecuador, jungle and mountains all in the same day. The last one here is of snow up in the high mountains. I saw this on the way back going through the high mountains, elevation approx. 14,000 ft.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my parents are coming in tonight as well! I bet they're on the same CO flight. We too are excited. You guys have a great Christmas. I may be up to Quito this next week for some meetings and to see my sister and bro-in-law who will be visiting Gail and Edwin.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home