Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving! and Tena pictures, part 1

Just want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Just remember all the gifts that God has given us and let's be thankful for all of them. I know we have a lot to be thankful for. For now, I would like to share some verses from King David that express thanksgiving to God. These are found in 1 Chronicles 16:7-36, I recommend reading this whole passage but I will share some selected verses here. "Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgements he pronounced. Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."
Here are some pictures from my recent trip to the jungle in the Tena area. I took quite a few great pictures, so these will come in installments. Although I went to the jungle, these first two pictures are from the high mountains, these two are of Antisana, which I have put pictures of on here before.
I thought of several captions I could put by this picture and couldn't decide on one, so I decided to put all of them. By the way, this is a picture of a truck that had turned over on its side. As far as I know no one was hurt, I saw the driver talking on his cell phone, outside of the truck. I guess the lady here was just looking on. Now for the captions...1. Just another manic Monday, 2. I'd rather be a.) playing golf b.) fishing c.) anywhere but here 3. And you thought you were having a bad day! 4. Dang, we're in a tight spot! 5. I didn't know it was going to flip all the way over. 6. Where did you get your driver's license? I got mine out of a cereal box. 7. Somehow, the go-go gadget anti-truckflipper didn't work quite right. You can vote for your favorite caption or add your own in the comments section, this activity requires group participation and your help will be greatly appreciated.
Guess this is all for now. Have a great Thanksgiving holiday and take the opportunity to praise God for who he is and thank him for all that he's blessed you with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home