Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bullfight and various

The first couple of pictures here are from a bullfight that we recently went to. The bullfights are a part of the Quito celebrations that are going on now. They are celebrating the founding of Quito with this and events like it.
Here's a picture of the matador and one of the bulls. We saw about 3 different matadors with their helpers and 6 bulls. It's something I've always wanted to see and I'm glad I did it once but I don't think I would go to one again. The bullfights are pretty violent. On one hand, you have the tradition, the music and culture. But on the other, it is pretty bloody and the bull doesn't have much of a chance. I will probably try to put some more pictures on from the bullfight.

Psalm 43:3, 5b-"Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell...put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
The following are various pictures I wanted to share. The next two were taken one evening before a Bible study at a church out in the country. They are of a couple of mountains that are in the area. The first one is Ilalo and the 2nd one is Pasochoa, both of which I have hiked.
The last picture here is one of the many Ecuadorian flower shops. I guess we've mentioned this before but you can get 25 roses for $1 and we bought rose bushes for $1.50 each. I guess husbands that are in trouble have it pretty easy here. Guess this is all for now. We want to thank everyone again for praying for us and for giving us encouragement. Please keep it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home