Monday, June 11, 2007

mas fotos de colombia

Here's the final round of pics from Colombia, the first one illustrates the hotel where we stayed. The next two are of the walls that went around the historic city center, that at one time helped protect gold from pirates.



The next three are scenes of daily life (a guy painting, a street market and a protest) that I took on the last day there while in pursuit of a soccer jersey from Colombia
Now, a word about the protest-word was that schoolkids were protesting because the teachers were on strike because they hadn't been paid. I just couldn't imagine that happening in the States, more the part of the kids striking than teachers not being paid. This one was one of the last ones taken us of at the beach.
This is a picture of the volunteer team that came a couple of weeks ago. We already mentioned some of their work and the things they did. We had a great time with them and were glad they came.
As I close I want to share some words from a Psalm that I read in my devotional today.

Psalm 73:23-28-'Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.'
As I close, I want to share a prayer request for Antonio and Geoconda. I know we mentioned them in our last newsletter but to remind you, Antonio has cancer and his situation doesn't look real good. He has begun chemo and has gone down a bit. We are praying for a miracle and ask that you all would as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home