Sunday, February 12, 2006

World Cup Trophy

These pictures are from a couple of weeks ago and I've really been wanting to put them on-so here they are. They are from when we went to see the World Cup trophy that is on tour of different countries in the world. It was really awesome. Besides being able to see the trophy and get your picture with it, they had games and free sodas and a short film about the World Cup. It was a really big deal for a lot of people and we went with an Ecuadorian friend and he said something like it was one of the highlights of his life. I ended up doing an report on an article about the event in one of my Spanish classes and the article stated that there was one young man that would almost cry every time he saw his picture with the trophy. Seeing this trophy or prize and how it got people so excited got me thinking about our eternal prize and how much more wonderful it is than a temporary earthly award. Here are a couple of verses related to this topic that come to mind...(1 Corinthians 9:24-25-"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a prize that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." Philippians 3:14-"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."



Ok, I still haven't figured out how to turn some of thes pictures upright, so please bear with me. This is a picture of an Ecuadorian friend, Daniel, that went to see the trophy with us.
I suppose this is all for now. Hope to add some more pictures later on and we hope to hear any comments. Take care and God bless.
BMH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home