Evan with Grandma, Aunt Laura and Audrey on his bday.
Evan with daddy, looking at his panda bday cake that was made by mommy and Grandma.
Here's Evan with his Uncle Paul.
Evan with his first balloons. He really enjoyed these.
Evan eating his birthday lunch.
Evan with one of many gifts. This is his bathtub penguin from his Grammie.
Evan on his new truck from Daddy and Mommy. Audrey is also there. She came to the party as well. She will be turning one in about three weeks. These kids grow up too fast.
As I close, I want to mention some prayer requests.
1. First, I ask you to pray for the music minister of our sponsoring church (Frederick Boulevard Bapt) Chad Crooks and family. He just lost his brother the other night in a car accident. Please pray for God's comfort, peace and presence in this difficult time.
2. I also ask you to pray for some Guatemalan neighbors that we have met this last week. They seem pretty open and friendly. We pray that we'll have a good chance to minister to them. Pray in particular for Santos, who is looking for a job. There are four brothers living in one house, with one of the brother's wife and their family.
3. Speaking of Guatemala, I am preparing for a mission trip at the end of June with Frederick Boulevard Baptist. We are beginning the preparation and orientation. Pray for this time as we prepare and get ready. Also, pray for the trip and for the people that we will come in contact with.
4. I also ask you to pray for my Ugandan friend, Jackson and his wife Esther. Jackson was just accepted into a Masters program in Cleveland. Pray that God will provide the way for him to go. (Jackson is the friend I knew in Uganda and went recently to see him in Cincinnati.)
5. Please pray for a summer volunteer (Robin) that is coming to work in the St. Joe area this summer. She is bilingual and has a heart for missions and Hispanic ministry. We'll be meeting her today. Pray that she will have a good ministry here this summer and that God will show us how we'll be able to work together.
6. Lastly, I'm asking you to pray for a new part time job. I'm working with the church part time and had a job with HeadStart as well. The HeadStart job is ending for the summer, so I need something else. There are a few options, just pray that the right one will open up. If I have a good enough opportunity then I may not go back to HeadStart, so we'll just see what happens. We know that the Lord will provide.
Now, I want to close with some videos. These were all taken on Evan's birthday. Sorry there's only one that's long at all. As I mentioned, we have been having problems with our camera.