Saturday, February 25, 2006

Various Pictures


This one is of Mt. Cotopaxi (the highest active volcano in the world). This picture really doesn't do it justice. We were walking out of the dentist a few weeks ago and there it was, it was so huge and beautiful. We went to a friend's apartment and got this picture of it. It may help to click on the picture to enlarge it. Speaking of geological issues like volcanos, we felt a small tremor last night at our place. I don't even know how to describe it. I was actually asleep and I guess it woke me up. It didn't do any damage at all, but it was kind of strange.



The next couple are from a fiesta that we went to about three weeks ago. It was really interesting. They had a parade going on and food everywhere. I wish we had gotten to spend more time there, but I did enjoy the time we had there. Unfortunately, I didn't get to ride the horse, this was just a photo op.



This is in Alangasi, one of the towns in the valley. You can be in prayer about this area. We will have some volunteers visiting the area later on this year. It is a town that has no evangelical witness that we know of. Pray that God's Spirit and the truth of His Word would fill this town and the Valley.




On a lighter note...revolutionary Mariachi band for hire?