Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Terraza/Ilalo Pictures

Here is a picture from our terraza, or roof. It is a flat area on top of the house. We hope to put some chairs, a table, and a grill up there. The house has some really nice views of the surrounding mountains as these pictures demonstrate.

Here is a picture of 'Ilalo,' a mountain that isn't too far from our house. I (Ben) am hoping to climb it sometime soon. I will try to put pictures and a report on the blog after I do it. (This picture was also taken from our terraza.)
This is another picture of 'Ilalo' that was taken on a cloudier day on the way down into the valley from Quito. The picture also shows the town of Cumbaya, just before the mountain. It is really awesome to see the clouds so close. That is why one of my nicknames for Ecuador is 'the land of the clouds.' This sight brought to mind the following verses...(Psalm 104:31-33)-May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in his works, who looks on the earth and it trembles, who touches the mountains and they smoke! I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being.

1 Comments:

Blogger Arnold Austin Jr said...

I love our view too, although obsured by razor wire. We are surrounded by mountains (and one volcano). Our topfloor apartment is on a hill, so we really see the area better than others.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home