Saturday, April 15, 2006

Horse ride

Here are some pictures from a 4 hour horse ride that we took while in Banos. The ride was really nice and we had a great time, but new meaning was brought to the word 'rawhide.' This picture was taken at the beginning of the trail as we were getting ready.
Here is a waterfall that we stopped to see along the way. We have seen so many waterfalls here in Ecuador, I don't know if I have ever seen so many in all my life.
Here is another series of waterfalls that we saw coming down the mountains.
Here is a picture of Christine, our guide-Patricia, and a birds-eye view of the town of Banos.
Here is us at the end of the ride with our horses-my horse's name was 'Ruso' and Christine's horse's name was 'Lucero.' Check out my horse, he is doing an impression of Mr. Ed. Also, you can see the stirrups were a bit short for me, but they worked out fine. Lastly, check out the cool Brooklyn Dodgers hat that I found here. I will never stop being surprised by what you can see or find here. I had wanted to buy a hat like this in the States but it was too much, but then I found the same one here and it was pretty cheap. Just in time for baseball season, now I miss going to the games (opening day was pretty painful). However, I have gameday audio and can listen to some games via internet radio...Go Rangers, Astros, and Cubs!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home