Friday, June 22, 2007

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Here are a couple of pictures of a rainbow that we saw from our house a couple of weeks ago. It was so amazing to see. I had never seen one so low or bright. It was quite amazing. Now, I'd like to share a promise from God's word regarding the rainbow-Genesis 9:12-17-"And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth."
The following are different pictures that we've taken recently. The next one is here to introduce our fish to you, Gandhi (the orange one) and Tigre (the multi-color one). I've been wanting to introduce them for some time and have finally done it. We've had these fish for a while now, since last October. We didn't start out real well with fish (about 5 of them died inside of two weeks) but these have worked out really well. I think we posted some pictures of some of the ones that died but had never posted ones of these. We have shells, coral and volcanic rocks that we have picked up in Ecuador and we were in Colombia.
The next two pictures are of Christine, Leo and Ingrid. These are the friends that we met on our Colombia trip. They've been doing well and we've been able to spend quite a bit of time w/ them. These pictures were taken last Sunday at a restaraunt we went to together. We've started a Bible study with them and Leo's mom and Leo has begun to teach me the guitar a bit.
This is a picture of Abner and his older sister, whose name I can't remember. We met them at one of the Baptist churches we have visited in the Valle de los Chillos. Here's a picture of the kids eating some whipped egg white cream stuff. Lil' Abner wasn't too happy on this one. His sister had put some of the cream stuff on his face on purpose before this picture was taken and he wasn't too happy about that. I ask you to pray for us as we work with this church. They have a desire to reach out to the community and pray that they will be able to do this. We are going to see about bringing some volunteers to their area, so we ask you to pray about this work. The name of this church is Iglesia Bautista de San Jose de Conococto. They are celebrating their 18th anniversary tomorrow with a party and special service.
The last picture is of us with a good friend Jose Chillambo. We met Jose down on our visit to Guayaquil several months ago. He came up to Quito to visit family and we had a chance to hang out last Friday. He has worked on a church planting team in Guayaquil but now is preparing for mission service in Peru. I ask that you all pray for him, that God will bless and use him. Guess this is all till next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. Guy Muse said...

I featured Jose in my latest blog post if interested in reading a bit more about him and his going to Peru.

2:57 PM  
Blogger B&R said...

Hey guys,

Hope all is going well with you there. Had you on our minds so decided to say hello and may you be encouraged in the strength of God today.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home