Monday, September 29, 2008

Carchi/Otavalo pics

Well, here's some more pictures from our Carchi trip.
You can see it was pretty cold there as it was quite high in the mountains. We had a wood burning stove in our cabin but it took a while to get going.
This picture is from a horse ride I took as I was coming down a mountain.
There's me and my trusty old horse.
Evan and Christine in the main lodge.
Here's Evan's first hiking trip. Too bad he slept through the whole thing. If he gets to moving (walking or in the car), he goes out like a lamp most of the time.
These last three pics are from that same trip but in Otavalo. Otavalo is in an interesting town we had visited before but had never stayed there. We stayed there one night on this trip and had a good time there. The last picture is from the tourist market, which we had been to before. The next two are from the regular market and we had never been there before. It was quite interesting. I know we are going to miss Ecuadorian markets.


Well, I guess this is all for now. I hope to put some more recent pictures and an update on later this evening...so keep posted.
Psalm 55:22a-'Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home