Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas once again

Now, I figured out a way to get pics from my cell phone on the blog. So, here are a few for your enjoyment.
Evan says, 'Merry Christmas, everybody.'
Here's a picture of the group that we had at the Christmas party this last Sunday. We had 3 families and Eduardo and Ana come up from KC. The people here are the folks that we're starting with. We are praying that God will do some great things through this group in the Hispanic community.
These last three pics were taken last night at Christine's Grandpa's church for the Christmas Eve service. We really had a beautiful time.

This last one shows Evan trying to rip up the bulletin. He really loves any kind of paper. Well, I guess this is all for now save for a couple of observations from the Christmas story that I have noticed and wanted to share with you.
The first one is about the shepherds. The verse I want to use is Luke 2:17-18- "When they had seen him (Jesus), they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them." These humble shepherds were some of the first evangelists. Now, when I say evangelists, don't think sweaty guys in suits that are on tv to hit you up for money. Evangelist means messenger of good news. That is what these shepherds were and I encourage you to be evangelists or messengers of the good news as well.
The next one is about the wise men. I want to start be clarifying that the wise men were not at the birth of Jesus. I hope not to burst anyone's bubble and I hope that you don't go and take the wise men out of your manger scene but they are an important part of the Christmas story. We're not sure when but they came along some other time but probably when Jesus was a baby or a small child. The thing I want to point out is found in Matthew 2:1b-2- "Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, 'where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.' They came to worship him. How significant is that? How many people normally go to worship babies? This was no ordinary baby and this was no ordinary birth. Jesus was born as the Son of God and as the Savior of the world. The reason the wise men could worship Jesus is because that he was God. That is the thing that sets Jesus apart as the God-man. There were several other instances of Jesus being worshipped in his life. He never once stopped anyone from worshipping him. This is yet another evidence of his deity or the fact that he was God.
I guess I'll close for now. Once again, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Now that I figured out a way to get pics from my cell phone, I hope to put some more on later on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Wright said...

Hey Haley's
Hope you had a joyous Christmas
Got word from my friends Blake and Carol
Lindley that they saw you in Vir. Recently

They are leaving today for the field. I miss
Seeing you all. Little Evan is getting big
Hope you have a blessed new year.
Your Texas Friend
Mark

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home