Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ecuador pics and a video of Evan

I still have quite a few pics from Ecuador to show and more to go. Here are some and I also have a video of Evan at the bottom.
These first two were taken on one of the last days that Ramon and I went out for the agricultural project. We were vaccinating his in-law's sheep. You can see the beautiful mountain view. I miss the mountains and I know I'll miss them more as time goes on.
They had their corn out and I got this one that I like.
Here's Evan saying goodbye to his buddy Matthew. Matthew is another missionary kid that was born last February.
The last two pics were taken of a couple of churches that we worked with. This first one is the church at Guangopolo, which is pastored by Mario Iza.
The 2nd church here is Luz del Valle (Light of the Valley) and is pastored by Hernan Paez and Ramiro (sorry I can't remember his last name). I ask you to pray for these churches in particular. I ask you to pray that they would grow in faith, love and in wisdom.
As I close, I have a update and a prayer request related to it. It is rather sad news and kind of surprising. I know that I had mentioned Antonio and Geoconda before and asked you to pray for them. They were both believers that Jose and I visited and worked with. Well, Antonio had cancer and we were praying for healing for him. When I first met Antonio he was bed-ridden. After some time, he got better and seemed really well as I was leaving Ecuador. Shortly after returning to the US, we heard that he was getting bad and it looked like he didn't have much time to live. Well, I received news not too long ago that he passed on. I ask you to pray for his family. He has left 4 children and his wife behind. As I close I want to share a verse that he shared with me, a verse that was special to him. Psalm 27:4- "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." We know that Antonio is now dwelling in the Lord's house and beholding the Lord's beauty in a way we can't even imagine.
Here's a recent video of Evan. You can see that he's a little ticklish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home