Friday, October 31, 2008

hello

Well, it was 3 years ago today that we left for training in Virginia before we went to Ecuador. Time flies. I have some pics today for you all; some recent ones from the Texas trip and some others from Ecuador.
These first five pics are from a day we went out to Chumillos to do the agricultural project. It was the last day that we worked with Brother Gabriel (look for him and his story on the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering promo video). Here's some kids up in the mountains.

They grow quite a bit of onions up there and these ladies were busy with the harvest.
This used to be the house (with mud walls and straw roof) but now they use it as the kitchen/storage.
Here's the team vaccinating a sheep. We had a joke that we would vaccinate anything that would move or had four legs.
This last one is of a fuzzy pig with her litter. I still need to put some more Ecuador pics on. I'm running out of them but I still have some more to post.
I won't write too much about these but here are some more from our recent trip to Texas.


Here's Evan with Papa Haley and the cows.

This was taken at the McDade Heritage Day, where they reenacted a gun fight based on true McDade History...a good time was had by all.
Poor Matt's a little outnumbered and his Aggies aren't doing too well but at least they beat Iowa St. last week. I got some love for the Ags (especially if they are playing the Sooners) but the Horns are my favorite.
Only in Texas... part 1
part 2
part 3


Well, I guess this is all for now. We really had a nice day today. I will have to post pics later on. The fall is so beautiful here. We were able to go to a park and then a hiking trail in the country. I'm liking the community where we live and we are moved in now. I'll also have to post some pics of the house and neighborhood. Take care and God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home