Thursday, November 27, 2008

more Ecuador pics and Happy Thanksgiving!

Here are some pics from our last visit to the church in Ascazubi (Ramon's group). As many of you know, this was a special group to us. We met them early on and worked with them throughout our time in Ecuador. These pictures are from the going-away service. I've still maintained contact with Ramon and he and the group seem to be doing well. I ask you to continue to pray for them. Here's the group singing.
Here's them praying for us.
This is the way that most Ecuadorian women carry their babies. They showed this to Christine and she did it that day.
Here's Christine in traditional indigenous dress from the Cayambe region of Ecuador. Here's me with Ramon, also known as my right arm. He was a great friend and partner in the ministry.
Here's some recent pictures, with the last two being from today- Thanksgiving. Here's Christine reading to Evan. Evan loves looking at the pictures in books.
Here's a couple of Evan in his swing. I think these were taken on his 6 month birthday, which was the other day (on the 25th). It's hard to believe how quick he is growing up. Here's Evan hanging out with his great-Grandpa today.
Here's Evan joining in on the Thanksgiving celebration by eating some sweet potatoes. You can see his bib that says, 'I'm stuffed.' I have some videos of Evan to close out but I want to update you on the ministry here. I'm starting officially with the church tomorrow. I have been doing stuff the last few weeks but start officially tomorrow. I'm asking you all to pray for direction and guidance as we start up. We are having a meeting at the supporting church (Frederick Blvd Baptist) this Sunday, so I ask you all to pray for this as well.
Here's Evan in his swing...
Evan in his Johnny Jump-up...
Evan continuing the family tradition of eating sweet taters at Thanksgiving. He was complaining that his didn't have marshmallows, brown sugar and pecans. I know Thanksgiving is almost over but I want to wish you a happy Thanksgiving anyway. We do have a lot to be thankful for and we have a great God that makes it all possible. It is so great to know Him, serve Him and be taken care of by Him. The Lord has provided for us in so many ways, especially here recently. Here's a favorite verse that talks about thanksgiving in a way. Philippians 4:6-7-"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home