Sunday, July 30, 2006

deep thoughts...

I'm just putting different pictures on today. A lot of these are from a while back, but just never had a chance to put them on until now. This one is of a fuzzy creature known as a llama. Basically, it's a pack animal and they also use its wool at times.
This next one is just something interesting that I saw one day. It was while we were at a parade, and this guy wanted to show off his balancing skills.
This last one was taken the same day at the parade. It was basically a military parade on the Battle of Pichinca day, May 22 (this is the day that commemorates the day that the Ecuadorians whipped the Spanish in the aforementioned Battle and kicked them out). I hope posting this picture is not a threat to national security (just joking!). There were all kinds of soldiers that marched by, military vehicles that drove by and aircraft that flew over.

Verse of the day-Isaiah 45:18-19-"For this is what the LORD says-he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited-he says: 'I am the LORD, and there is no other. I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.'"
I just wanted to share a beautiful verse that I read earlier this week, a verse that God used to really speak to me about his character and his truth. I put the main sentence/idea in red that I wanted to share. There are two ideas based on these verses that I want to share...the first is the uniqueness of God and of his plan, or shall I say exclusivity. I know this isn't a real popular idea in this time where we have already figured everything out and have it all together. I won't say a whole lot else about it, but God's truth remains-that He alone is God and there is none like him or beside him. The second idea is that those that seek after the LORD will find him. We see this time and time again. We hear stories of people who were at the last straw but kept looking until the truth of God was brought to them. Just recently, we met a fellow believer who shared with us that he would be dead or in prison, had it not been for God and God working in his life (will have to tell you more of Ramon's story later on). I encourage you all to keep seeking after God. You may not know all the answers, you never really will...but keep pursuing God until you really find him. He has already been pursuing you with a love that knows no ends or has no bounds.
For the same idea, read Isaiah 45:5-6, 22. Isaiah happens to be one of my favorite books/prophets and I really encourage you all to read this great book of the Bible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Arnold Austin Jr said...

Como se llama? (It's a pack animal joke)

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home