Sunday, July 16, 2006

Tungurahua

I don't know how many of you have heard of the active volcano here in Ecuador that has been acting up a little more here recently. Before you all worried about me, I thought I'd put some pictures up and make sure you don't worry about us. The main thing is the volcano is a few hundred miles from us, about a 4 hour drive from us. There are some people in the area that had to evacuate as a precautionary measure. This is the volcano that we saw. We posted pictures and if you want to see them go to the archives to April. The name of this volcano is Tungurahua, which means, 'Throat of fire.' Below, are some pictures of rocks that the volcano is throwing out as well. I don't know much else. Had a pretty nice day of rest and was able to go to El Quinche to a new Bible study start. Still missing Christine but we were able to talk this afternoon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben & Christine Haley said...

forgot to say that i got these pictures from bbc.com, i sure didn't see these scenes or take pictures of them. just wanted to clear that up.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Madge said...

Thank you for that clear up comment... eventhough the volcanoe was 4 hours away, I thought that was what you where seeing, as I have never witnessed a volcanoe, live or dead!
Pretty exciting stuff going on...nature's power is amazing, God's creations are powerful!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Ben & Christine Haley said...

how much more powerful and wonderful is the Creator than his creation

4:06 PM  
Blogger Arnold Austin Jr said...

Awesome volcano pics. I was sort of hoping the IMB ised the Chrysler. I guess I won't be getting one.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home