Friday, September 21, 2007

las puntas, pt 2 and various

Here's some more pictures from the camping trip to Las Puntas. This first one is of our campsite. The next couple were taken during a walk to get firewood right at sunset. I liked the lighting and clouds in these pictures.
Here's our campfire, along with Ramon. You can see our little earthen stove. Ramon built this by digging out a hole in the side of the hill. He left a hole there in the middle to put a pot on. He is also roasting guinea pig. Man, it just doesn't get any better than this. We had rice, tea and guinea pig. It was pretty good but then it started to rain and get colder. We ended up heading for the car. Here's a picture of the morning hike. It actually snowed and sleeted some. The snow didn't stick, but imagine snow just a few miles from the equator! These are the puntas or points in the background.
Here's me and my new guitar...look out Elvis! Don't know if I've mentioned this before but I've started to learn to play guitar. I can't do much with it but at least I have it. I had borrowed a friend's guitar and decided I liked it enough to get my own...so there she is.
Speaking of new things...here are friends Leo and Ingrid with their newborn Avril. We ask you to pray a special blessing on them and especially for the baby.
This is part of the group that meets in Iguinaro, who we've mentioned before in the prayer newsletter. A few of them made decisions to follow Christ last weekend. We praise God for that. Now, we ask you to pray for them that they would be encouraged and grow in their faith. We plan on visiting them tomorrow to start discipleship with them. The ones that made decisions are Edwin, Gabriela, Adela, and Marisol. Ramon is also there with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home