Monday, January 21, 2008

Last Peru pics

Well, I know I have some pics from more recent trips (some pretty good ones, at that) but wanted to go ahead and put the last of my Peru trip pics on here from Oct. Let me know what you think... Should I try to be a photographer for National Geographic if this missionary gig doesn't work out? I have no professional training as a photographer...
These were all taken on the Northern coast on the way from Piura. We thought we were going on home but we ended up stopping for another night in Mancora. This is an area known for surfing. Ended up going swimming a bit, but mostly walking around, taking pics, and a horseback ride on the beach. The first pic is of a rice field. Quite a bit of rice is grown in Northern Peru, even in the desert. A lot of it is irrigated. We also saw a lot of desert, like this pic to the left. Some of these areas were so desolate, but beautiful. On the way back, we drove through at daytime but on the way there it was night w/ a fairly bright moon and some of these desert places just looked amazing...kind of like we were on the moon ourselves.
The rest of these were taken outside of Mancora.
















This very last one was taken in Tumbes, the last main town before the Ecuadorian border. Crossing the border and getting on back home was quite an experience. We really did have a good trip and I'm glad I went. We found the Peruvian people to be quite friendly. The food was great as well. Saw some interesting sites, too. The trip was taken right before we found out that Christine was pregnant. We got pretty big news upon my arrival back home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home