Friday, November 16, 2007

update and more peru pics

Well, it's very late Thurs. night but I wanted to give you an update and some prayer requests. I know recently I've just put on pics from my Peru trip (I have some more here now), but mostly want to give an update, etc.
The 1st picture here is related to the update, in that this Saturday, I will be going on the pilgrimage to El Quinche along with a couple of other friends. The picture there is of the cathedral at Quinche. I've written about El Quinche before (check blog archives of May & June 2006). There will be several thousand pilgrims and we'll be joining them. This pilgrimage is dedicated to the Virgin (Mary) of Quinche. People go on this pilgrimage to seek blessings from the Image of the Virgin. Our purpose of going won't be quite the same. We seek to use this as an opportunity to prayerwalk and see if there might be any opportunity to talk or share with the people along the way or when we are in Quinche.
Please Pray...
1. That the details of the prayerwalk/trip would come together. It looks like we'll be walking at least 4-5 miles and potentially more.
2. That we would be focused and concentrated in our prayer...that God would hear and answer our prayers.
3. That the pilgrims would realize they have direct access to God, to a relationship with him and salvation and blessings that He provides, ie. that they don't have to receive blessings/salvation by appeasing an image made by men.
4. That people would seek the truth of the Bible/reality of God instead of traditions of men.
5. That we might find opportunities to share with people that are seeking God.
As always, thanks for your prayers. I also would like to put a couple of other requests as well. I ask you to pray for the new believers in Iguinaro. Pray especially for healing for Elvira (who has epilepsy).
The rest of the pictures are from my time in Peru. This first one shows the traditional windows that Trujillo is known for.

This is inside the Archbishop's Palace-in the patio or courtyard.
The next two were in Chiclayo, Peru-which is known as the 'town of friendship.' It seemed to be quite an interesting town...the town without a frown. Will have to write more about it later and put more pics on.
This is a Peruvian mototaxi. We don't have these in Ecuador but we used quite a few while in Peru. They were quite fun to use and also pretty cheap. Up on the roof of this one, it says-'Jesus is Love.'
As I close, I just want to share a couple of quotes/scriptures and things that God has taught me recently.
Brother Yun-house church leader in China and subject of a great book I'm reading, 'The Heavenly Man.'- "It is not great men who change the world, but weak men in the hands of a great God."
"So many missionaries, intent on doing something, forget that His main work is to make something of them, not just do a work by their stiff and bungling fingers." -Jim Elliot, from 'Shadow of the Almighty.'
Pray this for us...that God wouldn't just do something through us but also in us.
Psalm 43:3-4a-"Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight."
Pray this as well...that God will send forth his light and truth as a guide for us and for all of Ecuador. Also pray that God would be our joy and delight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home