Monday, August 21, 2006

Yelling Chickens and TEXAS

First, I want to say the blog is working again...and there was much rejoicing. I'm still not sure what the problem was, but I'm glad it is working now.

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE-the loudest rooster to ever pierce God's green earth with his crowing! (click on picture to enlarge)
Dead would be best, in Caldo de Gallo (Chicken soup), much better.
I have a funny story about this rooster that I want to share...we have some neighbors from England and they have some visitors now. Well, one night, the rooster woke up the visitor's boy with his crowing. The boy went on to ask his mom, 'why is that chicken yelling?' That's pretty much what it sounds like and he does it just about all throughout the day and very loudly.
Pray Daily for the Haleys- Presents Real Men of Genius.
Today we salute you, Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy. Men from lesser states might know their state's capital, but you? You know you're state's bird, tree and even reptile. Love that horny toad. You display your pride with your Lone Star tattoo, "Native Texan" bumper sticker, and contempt for any state that doesn't start with "Tex" and end with "as." That spells Texas.
Sure, there are 49 other states in the Union, but they are smaller, wussier, and the people talk funny. Yankee wussies.
So crack open a nice cold beverage, oh lover of the Lone Star state. Because all that flag waving must have made you thirsty.

I just had to share this one, it was too funny to pass up. It also hit way too close to home for me. Anyways, I heard this while listening to a baseball game a few days ago, and wanted to share it with y'all. I tracked down the lyrics and posted them here. Well, I guess this is all for now. I have a lot more stuff I'd like to post (especially now that it's working), so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home