Monday, January 28, 2008

Retreat @ the Coast

Here are some pictures from our recent trip to the Coast. We went for a few days to a retreat with other missionaries. It was quite good to get away as things were so crazy before Christmas. It was a good time of rest and fellowship. We met in the morning and shared testimonies, then went swimming, took day trips, played games and I got to go fishing.




Even in Ecuador, fish tremble at the mere mention of my name. I got to go about 3 times and caught a few. We celebrated my birthday (30th) there and it was quite nice.
This is one of the sunsets we saw. We saw beautiful ones every day. That was quite nice because we don't see many here where we live.
Here's a guy working on his fishing nets.
The next few are from 'The Point.' They had pools of water in the rocks there where we saw fish. There were also cracks and crevasses in the rocks where you could see the water shoot up as the next couple of pics indicate.

This area is known for their surfing and we saw some people surfing. I like the surfboard there in the middle with Moses on it.
As I close I just want to share a verse that was meaningful. I read it while we were studying Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life. If you haven't read this book, I recommend it. At the end, he wraps up the book with a verse about King David and the way that he completed God's will for his life. It is Acts 13:36-'David served God's purpose in his own generation.' This has become a desire, prayer request and challenge for me and that I'd like to pass on to you. Can we serve God's purpose for our generation? This is not something that is going to be easy but it will have a lasting effect. I encourage you and myself to seek out and live God's purpose in our generation.
As I close, I would also like to share a prayer request related to the guys that are coming from a church in Oklahoma on a vision trip. Pray that we'll seek God and see how we can join him at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home