Sunday, March 23, 2008

pics from Ibarra, a tract testimony and Happy Easter!

Well, here's some pics from the Ibarra trip. I also wanted to share a special testimony related to someone that found a tract I had passed out. I'll do that after the pictures.
This is in Ibarra near the market where we saw a horse and buggy in everyday use. We hung out around the market to get some shots and it was quite interesting seeing all the people and colors. I really enjoy going to markets overseas. It's a good way to learn and experience culture.
Here's a part of a fruit market.
We went out to near this house in the country and the words on the door are 'Jesus es Vida' or 'Jesus is life.' What an appropriate message for Easter day??!? As 1 John 5:12 says "He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." Is Jesus in your life? Is he giving you true life, eternal, abundant and purposeful? His promise of life is sure and certain...we only need accept and follow Him. I can tell you He has changed my life and I wouldn't be where I am today without Him.
Now I want to close with a special testimony related to a tract. This goes back to last year when I received a text message from a guy in Machala (a place far away that I hadn't been to yet, as of receiving this text message). Well, I called him and he told me he had found a gospel tract with my name and number on it. I asked him where he got it and he said he had found it (I had never been here or he hadn't been up this way, either! I can only guess someone brought it down there and left it somewhere for him to find.) I ended up trying to put him in contact with a pastor and church I had found out about but wasn't too sure what had happened after that. Today, I got a text message from him and I called him back. He told me he had recently been baptized, along with his sister. This was a really encouraging message. I told him I would pray for him and now I want to let you know about him as well so you can pray for him too. His name is Luis...specifically he is asking the Lord to help him overcome some temptations that he faces. He is also looking for a wife. He told me he may be coming up to Quito in the next couple of weeks, so I hope to visit him then (he lives in a place that's about 10-12 hours away). What is really interesting is how he found this tract. I pass out a ton of these and usually put a stamp with my name and number on them in case anyone is interested. I really haven't heard much back regarding these from people I don't know but this was the 1st case of someone that was unknown responding. As you pray for Luis and his family, I also ask you to pray as I pass out these gospel tracts, Scriptures and radio cards...pray that the message will reach the hearts of the people in this way and that they will respond. I know this kind of witness isn't the only one but it is important and I ask you to pray for this type of ministry. Thanks again and God bless. Happy Easter! He is Risen...He is Risen indeed! 1 Cor. 15:14, 20a-"If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith...But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home