Friday, April 25, 2008

Chimborazo, part 1

Here are some pictures that I took from a trip to Riobamba (Chimborazo province) just the other day. I just went for a day but took quite a few pictures. It is a really beautiful area. I went with a couple that lives pretty close to us. I don't have too much time to write now, as we're about to leave to head to the conference I mentioned in one of the last posts. As I mention this conference, I ask you all to pray for it again.
This first picture is of a group of people that are from my friend's (Miguel Guacho) community but have moved to the city of Riobamba. Most of the people in Chimborazo are from an indigenous background. They are known as Quichuas and are descendants of the Incas (really pre-Incans but were incorporated into Incas not too long before the Spanish arrived here). They have their own language (Quichua) and traditional dress, and I had never heard so much in my life as I heard the other day. We visited the folks in Riobamba for a while before going on to visit another family and then going out to my friend's community. I'll tell you more about it next time but at the 2nd family's house, there was a girl that made a decision to receive Christ. I ask you all to pray for her and her husband (Ruben and Valeria), who rededicated his life to Christ.
These next two pictures were taken out in the country near Miguel's community. As you can see, it was quite beautiful there. There were fields of barley and wheat, among other crops. I guess this is all for now but will put more pictures on next time and let you know more about Miguel and the community there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home