Friday, March 28, 2008

God's fantasy league team

For those of you who don’t know, I like fantasy baseball and have a couple of teams. This is where you are able to draft a team of players and you are awarded points based on their performance and statistics. While choosing one of my teams, I came across the evaluation that follows for one of the players. It kind of grabbed my attention but also gave me a spiritual insight a bit later. “Gomez can play multiple positions, but has no power, no speed and, quite honestly, no business being on your fantasy team.” I don’t know how many of you feel like ‘Gomez’ in your journey with Jesus here on this earth. I know I often do. Many times our walk is marked more by frustration, disappointment and inadequacy than victory or glory. The truth is that although we may feel like Gomez, there is a greater truth that we will always have a place on God’s fantasy league team. The Word teaches us that ‘He will never leave or forsake us’ (Hebrews 13:5). It also teaches that ‘nothing will be able to separate us from His love’(Romans 8:35-39) and that ‘no one will be able to take us out of the Father’s hand’ (John 10:29) This is from one pilgrim to another...hang in there and keep focused on Him.
Now that it's springtime back in Texas, I want to post this picture of bluebonnets from the Ibarra trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home