Tuesday, May 13, 2008

a belated happy mother's day and chimborazo, part 3

Hello everyone. We want to wish you a belated happy mother's day, especially for our mothers. We know it's late but mother's day is a big deal here and they celebrate it all month here. Well, here's the last of the pics from Chimborazo. As I close, I want to put in a prayer request related to the Chimborazo area. It is that the gospel would be given to the next generation there. I won't write too much about this but there was a revival in the Chimb. area over 30 years ago and whole villages and areas became Christian. It is really an amazing story but you see many youth that haven't believed in the gospel for themselves and this has become a problem. I ask that you would pray that the youth would know Christ personally and follow Him. A lot of this is happening in an indigenous culture that is changing rapidly, especially as the indigenous folks are moving to the cities. Pray God's blessing on the indigenous people of Ecuador, especially the Quichuas of Chimborazo.
Here are a couple of pastoral scenes. The folks there are wearing typical dress.
shepherds
Here's a picture of the Tungurahua Volcano. This is the same one I have pics of from when we were at the conference. This was taken from the main road and was farther away.
This and the next few pics are of Mt. Chimborazo. Chimborazo is the highest mountain in Ecuador. It's not quite 21,000 feet, if I remember correctly. These are the clearest pics I have of it. These really don't do it justice but I was glad to see Chimbo like this and get these pics. Every other time I drove by, it was always covered in clouds.

I'm sure I've put the following scripture on here before but I think it fits well with these pictures. Psalm 8:1, 3-4-"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! When I consider our heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"
Well, I guess this is all for now. Thanks for keeping up with us and thanks for praying. Please continue to do so. Take care and God bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Guy Muse said...

As usual, some great photos. On my latest blog post "Some of my favorite bloggers" I give you guys an award. Come on over to see the award your blog gets! :)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home