Thursday, May 01, 2008

Chimborazo, part 2

Well, here's some more pictures from the Chimborazo trip. I also have some from the conference but I need to put them on the computer and then put them on here. The conference was quite interesting and I thank you all for praying for it. Pastor Mario went along w/ a church member from his church (Efrain) and Jose went as well. We had a good time, fellowship and it was a learning time. Now, we are going to see how we can put into practice what we've learned. We are praying to start new groups in the Guangopolo (Mario's) area and in San Carlos (Jose's area). The camp we stayed at wasn't too far from the Tungurahua volcano and I have some pictures of that.
Here's some more pictures of the countryside in Chimborazo. This is barley that is close by.
Psalms 19:1-2-"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge." This is a scripture I read this last weekend and is one that is quite common and have read tons of times before. There was one word in this passage that touched me when it said that the skies pour forth speech.
This is a place that makes the traditional Quichua hats. These are friends of Miguel's and they have a church there in their community (Santana).
Here's a guy working on a hat.
Here's a Quichua woman and her baby.
Here's a picture of guy walking up the hill and there are some sheep and llamas there as well.
Guess this is all for now on the pictures. I still have some more from Chimborazo and some from the conference. As I close, I want to share a prediction that is related to baseball. I know this is kind of unrelated but I wanted this prediction to be known, so folks will know where they heard it first when it happens. I am predicting that the Chicago Cubs will win the World Series! I'm not sure who they will play and I know the season has already started but I'm making this prediction now (actually made it last week but am making it public now). It's been 100 years since the last time they did it, so why not now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home