Friday, July 04, 2008

Liga wins and a video

These first two pictures are of Liga's 2nd game against Fluminense (in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil). It's a long story on how Liga won but they won the Liberator's Cup and are now champions of South America. It's been a pretty big deal as this is the 1st Ecuadorian team to win this major tournament. I ended up watching the game with Dad and Angel and his family. It came down to penalities, so it was pretty intense. Following are a couple of pictures of the game taken from the newspaper (El Comercio.) There's been celebrations here in Quito since they won. A play during the game.
Celebrating with the cup!
Lastly is a video that I tried to put on the other day. It was taken from Evan's dedication service out in Ascazubi (Ramon's church.) This is of them singing one of my favorite songs. It is based on Psalm 121and has traditional Ecuadorian music. The words on this video are from verses 1 and 2- 'I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.' I guess this is all for now. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of Evan but hope to put on some tomorrow. I also hope to put on some pics from this dedication service later on as well. We have made it to Quito for the conference and it has been nice. We've met with some old friends and met some new ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home