Wednesday, May 10, 2006

late night

Ok, it's late I should be studying (I have a final in language class on fri.-guess the grade doesn't really count, but I do want to learn and do my best) or sleeping. I was just looking through different blogs and now I want to post one here.
First, I want to share a couple of language blunders that I made today. We were at a travel agent's office and I asked how much a 'volante' or steering wheel to the U.S. would cost instead of a 'vuelo' or flight. Next, I guess Spanish and English blended in my head to create 'excusa me,' a spanishcized version of 'excuse me.' I should have said 'con permiso.' I guess you learn the most by mistakes that are made.
Next, are some interesting pictures that we have taken in the last few days...
These first two are from a roadside cuy (roasted guinea pig) eating establishment. How do you like the cuy rotisserie (spelling?) ferris wheel? Here I am eating my first bite of cuy...yum, yum. I guess it was ok. Can't say it tasted like chicken. It was kind of greasy but edible. I definitely have had worse.
Don't Drink & WALK!!!
As this picture indicates, alcoholism is a problem in Ecuador. Unfortunately, this is an all-too-common scene, especially out in the smaller towns and rural areas. Along with guys that have fallen down like this, you can see guys just stumbling alongside the road. The following is a long story made short...one early Saturday morning, we saw a guy passed out in the middle of the road in front of our house. He had busted his head on the ground when he fell. I and Angel (our shopkeeper neighbor) proceeded to move him out of the road.
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?-A line from a Creedence Clearwater Revival song that we heard today (on an easy listening station that we have found in Quito) while driving in another downpour. You should have seen this one yesterday...it turned a busy intersection into a flowing river that left stalled-out cars in its' wake. Fortunately, we made it through, but quite slowly. The heavy rainstorm also caused some small landslides that we had to drive through on the way to where we were going. As I finish, I want you to know that I was able to study while these pictures were uploaded onto the blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Arnold Austin Jr said...

I thought hamsters liked ferris wheels, not guinea pigs.

I can't wait to try one.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home