Thursday, May 04, 2006

No pictures today and por que (why?)

Today I just wanted to share some thought-provoking lyrics from a song that I really like. I really first listened to and appreciated this song on a trip to Southeast Asia last year. I'll write a couple of thoughts within the song (in parentheses).
3 x 5 lyrics, by John Mayer
I'm writing you to catch you up on places I've been, You held this letter probably got excited, but there's nothing else inside it, didn't have a camera by my side this time, hoping I would see the world through both my eyes, maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way with words, Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy's cliche', And strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky are next to mountains anyway (This part really describes Ecuador, especially the mountainous part we live in.) Didn't have a camera by my side this time, Hoping I would see the world through both my eyes, Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way but let me say You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes, it brought me back to life (if you look to another Son, he can bring you back to life as well), You'll be with me next time I go outside, just no more 3x5's, Guess you had to be there, Guess you had to be with me, Today I finally overcame tryin' to fit the world inside a picture frame (that's the purpose of this blog some times, but not today...I love photography, am not a professional by any means, but sometimes it is better to put the camera down and just take everything in!), Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way but let me say, You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes, it brought me back to life, You'll be with me next time I go outside, just no more 3x5's

1 Comments:

Blogger Arnold Austin Jr said...

That is an awesome song, Ben.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home