Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Evan, part 3

Here are some more pictures from yesterday and today. I will close with a scripture/dedication for Evan.
I'm not sure if he's trying to walk like an Egyptian but this was a neat picture.
This is his first soccer game to watch. Too bad Ecuador lost to France 2-0. He was crying and I picked him up and brought him to the TV and said, 'look, soccer' and he quit crying. This is a true story.
This one was taken this morning.
One of the few pictures of him where he is awake. He doesn't seem to want to stay awake very much at all. He's kind of a lazy bum. It's been a struggle but he is starting to breastfeed some. I ask you to pray that he will continue to do so and improve. A lot of times it is hard for him to stay awake to feed.
Here is Dr. Jijon (on the right), Dr. Aguinaga (on the left) and Evan. They are both neo-natologists. We went to meet them before Evan's birth and they have helped out a lot. Dr. Jijon was there at the birth as well and was a great coach for Christine. These Doctors helped Evan become a member of the tribe of Israel yesterday. It was on the 3rd day instead of the 8th but we're under the new covenant. I was joking with Dr. Jijon before the circumcision and asked him if he had a tremble.
These next two were taken just after we arrived home this afternoon. Here is Evan in his carseat that was given thanks to other missionaries. This carseat is a combo that goes in a stroller.
Here's Evan and Dad.
1 Samuel 1:11, 27-28-"I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life...For this boy I prayed and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of him. So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord. And he worshipped the Lord there."
This is a scripture that we found and prayed during the pregnancy. We related to the story of Hannah, Elkanah and Samuel in some ways and really want to dedicate our child to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home